Monday, February 7, 2011

I am Winnie


This is Winnie writing. My birthday is coming really soon and I turning 6! I am the second oldest. I want to tell you a little bit about what is around Guatemala. I got to climb a volcano.
 The name of the Volcano is Pacaya. We got to take a van there, it took about an hour and a half. When we first got there we climbed and climbed and climbed.x
I felt really tired, so we took a (caballo) horse for some of the time and all the kids took turns riding it.
I went on it with my friend Isaiah and then Anna. It took a long time to get to the top, it was really hard to take some steps. We were shown a leaf that you can use for toilet paper or a cloth because it soaks up water and is soft.  There was an eruption there in May so there were lots of black rocks to walk on. I got to take one piece of lava home. When we got to the highest we could go, we found a big pit of lava. We could not go in it, otherwise we would get burned.
So instead we roasted marshmallows and cheese over the hole. Then I asked my mommy why we couldn’t have roasted cheese at home!! She said, because we don’t have a volcano in our living room. It tasted awesome.
We got to go in a cave that was so hot, it was really cool! We saw some people right near the very top. On the way down we got lots of rocks in our shoes. It took the whole day and it was night when we got home.


Another fun thing we did last week was we had a movie night and watched Nanny McPhee 2.


After school one day, we went to a Mayan village called San Antonio Del Agua Caliente and saw lots of very colourful fabric.
The people there showed us a wedding, and showed us how to make the fancy fabric, we helped spin the yarn. Then after we made tortillas from flour.
 I got to make my very own and cook it on the stove.
Then we got to taste tortillas and special soup called Pepian. A soup made only in Guatemala. It was spicy and good.
I really like it here, one day we took a horse and carriage for a ride. We got some drinks, and I had lots of fun. Usually here we walk everywhere!! I am learning lots of Spanish with help from my teacher, Jessica.

Write me an e-mail at csmcalli@gmail.com

Love winnie (with help from my mom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment