Sunday, March 27, 2011

Kade's thoughts on El Salvador so far....

This bag is not a toy

Now that we are in San Vicente we have been going to school only half day.


There is a really fun pool where fishes tickle your toes.
Our new Truck!

I learned a new game called tazo. I have lots of friends now.


I have already fallen off a truck twice and hurt my knee and hip. Then I cut my leg on a tin roof and needed 4 stiches. The worst part was getting the freezing, ooooh that hurt.


We went to a house with a baby and his head was really swollen. (he had incephilitis, but has now seen a doctor, had surgery and is doing much better.)


The first day of school we took a picture of me and my siblings.

Winnie & Ellis' bed
We have been living in a two story house with only 3 bedrooms for us. We live on the bottom floor and the Berstad's live on the top.
Kade's Bed




Yesterday I went to a beach, and a pool in La Libertad. I was diving into the waves and jumping into the pool.


I went on a field trip with my school to a children's museum called Tin Marin. We played soccer, and we got to go on a train, and an airplane and play in a Super Selecto (grocery store).


We went and saw some poor people in San Antonio and some of them are my friends now, and they like to play hockey with us.






I really like it here. A couple new kinds of new food here that we don't have in Calgary. Like papusa, they are tortilla stuffed with beans and cheese, and tamales, they are banana leaf stuffed with corn flour, spices, chicken and potatoe. You don't eat the banana leaf though, only use it to cook in.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment